To start printing labels and documents through the SKULabs cloud service, there are a couple of requirements to check first:
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X
- Printers and scales connected via USB and tested for function
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+
Install SKULabs Print & Scale Client for Windows
1. Download the client installer...
2. Open the installer and follow the prompts.
3. When offered to install the client as a Windows service, do not toggle the checkbox. Service functionality is only needed on multi-seat machines. If one Windows account is logged in at a time, the client will work better without being run as a service.
4. Once installed, the print client will be accessible via your Windows taskbar. Click to open the settings window.
5. Log in using your SKULabs account credentials.
6. In the Printers tab, check that the printers you wish to use are visible and marked as active. These printers will now be accessible in SKULabs!
Install SKULabs Print & Scale Client for Mac
1. Download the client installer
2. Open the installer and move the application to your Applications folder.
3. Once installed and running, the print client will be accessible via your Mac menubar. Click to open the settings window.
4. Log in using your SKULabs account credentials.
5. In the Printers tab, check that the printers you wish to use are visible and marked as active, with the correct page dimensions set for each. These printers will now be accessible in SKULabs!
The SKULabs Print & Scale client prints directly with your Windows or Mac printer settings, along with any settings dictated by the printer's driver software. To edit these settings, navigate to the printer's device settings in your operating system's preferences area:
In some cases, tweaks to the defined document dimensions, print density (DPI/PPI), or orientation may be necessary to ensure consistent printing.
For more troubleshooting information, view our full guide to troubleshooting your printer....