The Kits import function on the Import/Export page allows you to import Kits and their component items in bulk. This function can be used to create new kits as well as edit existing ones by matching Kit names and SKUs identified from the CSV to those in SKULabs.
Important Note: Any existing Kit included in a CSV import will have its component items overwritten according to the CSV alone. When editing any existing information, it is best to start by exporting a copy of the existing information from the Import/Export page in SKULabs and keeping that file as a copy.
How to create new kits with CSV:
Create a CSV file using the following fields:
- Name - The name you would like to give to the kit.
- Kit SKU - The SKU of the kit.
- Item SKU - The SKU of a component item in the kit.
- Quantity - The quantity of the component item within the kit.
Make sure that any included kit SKUs and kit names do not already exist in SKULabs for another kit and that all rows for the same kit use the exact same name and kit SKU:
- Fulfillment SKU - The fulfillment SKU of the kit (used by Amazon).
- Latency - The number of days it takes to fulfill the kit (used by Amazon and Walmart).
- Notes - Notes for this kit. These will be used when creating purchase orders.
- Cost - The cost of this kit. This will be used for stock reporting.
- Wholesale - The amount this kit sells for under wholesale orders.
- Retail - The retail price of this kit.
- Weight - Weight of the kit.
- Weight Unit - Weight unit of the kit e.g. lb, oz, g, kg.
- Image - The URL of the image (for users without listings).
- Barcodes - Comma-separated list of barcodes to add for this kit
How to edit existing kits with CSV:
To edit a kit that already exists within SKULabs, start by exporting a copy of existing SKULabs kits from the Import/Export page in SKULabs. The "Flattened" option will export the item SKUs that make up an existing Kit.
- Make a copy of this file and keep a backup in a separate folder somewhere on your computer. This is important because the import function will match and edit Kits only if their names and kit SKUs match exactly.
- In the exported CSV, you can change a kit's SKU, change component items or create new rows for a Kit to add items, and edit any optional fields.
- Make sure that all items within a kit are included on the CSV, as any kits edited using a CSV import will have their component items overwritten according to the CSV only.
The kits import process will not run if the CSV contains:
- Kits with different names that share the same Kit SKU.
- Component items that do not yet exist in SKULabs.
- Any duplicate item SKUs within a single Kit. Simply increase the quantity field for that item and remove the duplicate rows of extra items instead. Do this for all Kits in the CSV with duplicate items.
If you need any help importing Kits, you can always reach out to us for support using in-app chat or by phone.