Dymo printers in particular have different quality settings and laser strength settings that can cause barcode images to look like they are bleeding, blurred, or otherwise make them unscannable.
If you are experiencing issues like this, they can often be solved in your computers default Devices and Printers settings by changing setting the print quality to "highest" and strength to "light" print density.
- From the Control Panel, click View Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the DYMO printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Change the Print Density to Light, click OK.
- Click the magnifying glass on the top right menu bar.
- Search for and open Terminal.
- Enter the following text into Terminal:
- In a new web browser window, navigate to http://localhost:631/printers.
- Select your DYMO printer.
- Click the Administration drop-down menu and choose Set Default Options.
- Change Print Density to Light, then click Set Default Options.
- If prompted, enter your computer's admin username and password and click Log In.
If you are experiencing any other printing issues, you can also try the solutions in our Printer Troubleshooting guide.