SKULabs provides you with full control over quantity advertised on your stores through customizable stock rules.
What is a stock rule?
Stock rules are math formulas used to calculate the "available" inventory we send to your sales channel. Your default stock rule is set to "free" which is equal to "on hand" (on the shelf) minus your "reserved" (orders that require shipment).
In many scenarios you may need to customize your stock rule to prevent overselling, disable stock sync for individual listings, or other reasons. The available variables to create custom stock rule are
on_hand, reserved, free, and fba.
How do I update my stock rules?
Each sales channel and each of your listings have a stock rule setting. A store's stock rule setting is the default rule used for all of the listings which have not been overridden with a custom rule.
How to update a store's stock rule setting
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click on the Inventory tab and select Stock Sync from the dropdown
- Find the store you would like to edit the stock rule setting for and click on the edit button found on the right side. This will open up the stock sync edit modal.
- Enter the new stock rule
How to update a listing's stock rule setting
- Navigate to Inventory page
- Click on the Listings tab
- Set the filters on the Listings page to display listings from the desired store
- Click on the name of the listing or variant to open the listing's details page
- Find the Rules section
- Click on the edit button
- Enter the new stock rule and save
This can also be done in bulk by using a Listing rules CSV import on the Imports/Exports page.
How do I enable reserving safety stock?
Our recommendations for your safety stock rules will protect you from overselling and seller performance penalties.
Developer stock rule configuration details
If you're a developer or an advanced user looking to build your own stock rules by hand, this article will provide all of the tools you'll need.