Purchase backordered inventory for a single order
Open an order, then scroll to the Dropships and purchase orders panel and click "Create backorder". Any remaining unverified/unshipped item quantities will be automatically suggested while creating the backorder PO.
Purchase backordered inventory for multiple orders
From the processing orders page, simply select the orders you want to backorder, then click Actions button and select "Create backorder".
Enter the details and suppliers for the backorder items, then either email the backorder to your suppliers with "send" or simply create it for later handling.
Automate backorder inventory with the purchasing page
Make use of simple but highly functional re-order rules to automatically suggest the backorder quantities you need for any open orders. First start by configuring your accounts reorder rule.
Creating a backorder purchase order
After configuring your account's reorder rule, you can create a purchase order for backordered stock:
1. Navigate to the Purchasing page and click on the New PO button.
2. On the Create purchase order window that appears, enter a PO #, select a store, supplier, and warehouse.
3. Click the Add item button.
4. Click the Filters button and enable the "Automatically suggest re-order quantity" option. Click apply at the bottom of the filters dropdown. You should notice that the values in the Qty column are automatically populated.
5. Click the Free column to sort the Add items table by ascending count (lower numbers at the top).
Tip: You can change the # of entries displayed on the table ("Show x entries") as needed to include all items that have negative free quantity.
6. Enter the Rates (cost assigned to the supplier item) for any rows with missing rates.
7. Click Save to add the backordered items to the PO.
8. Click Save on the Create purchase order window to create the PO.