The Processing tab allows you to create and manage purchase orders that are waiting to be processed. Processing purchase orders are those that have been drafted, submitted, or accepted by a distributor, but has not yet been received and closed by a user in your warehouse.
A number of actions can be performed on this tab, including:
Menu: This menu contains a couple of tools that can help quickly manage your purchase orders:
- Backorder report: This allows you to quickly see which items in your processing purchase orders are still waiting to be received.
Actions: This menu contains a couple of tools that can affect a selected purchase order or group of purchase orders:
- Send purchase orders: This allows you to quickly e-mail the selected purchase orders to their respective distributors. Each e-mail will list the items being purchased, the rates and total price, and other details.
- Print purchase orders: This allows you to quickly print out paper drafts of the selected purchase orders. The drafts will feature barcodes that you can scan to open the Purchase Order page.
- Delete purchase orders: This allows you to quickly delete the selected purchase orders. Unlike closing a purchase order, this will not receive the purchase order's contents into inventory — instead, the quantity being ordered will be removed from each item's Incoming count.
- Bulk status change: This will quickly change the processing status for the selected purchase orders to the status of your choice.
Create purchase order: This allows you to quickly create a new purchase order from one of your stores to a distributor. If you have not done so yet, you can add your distributors in the Distributors tab.
Filters: You can filter what is shown in the purchase orders table by distributor.
Columns: You can show or hide any of the columns available for this table. Those column options are listed below.
Tags: You can add tags to or remove tags from selected purchase orders by toggling the tags in this menu. Select Manage tags to add or edit available tags.
Search: This allows you to search for purchase orders by their distributor, creation date, and more.
Processing Orders Table
Your processing orders are laid out in a table. This table can be sorted by any of its columns. The columns available include:
- PO #: The unique identifier that was manually entered or automatically generated when the purchase order was created. You can receive or manage a purchase order by selecting its PO # and going to the Purchase Order page.
- Warehouse: The warehouse for which the purchase order was created.
- Distributor: The distributor that the purchase order will be submitted to. You can manage your distributors in the Distributors tab.
- Status: This indicates whether or not the purchase order has begun the process of receiving.
- Tags: Custom tags can be created and added to purchase orders. Tags can be labeled however you choose, and can be used for various organization needs. To add tags to a purchase order, toggle the checkbox on the purchase order's row and toggle the desired tag in the Tags menu.
- Created: The date and time that the purchase order was created.
- Creator: The user account that created the purchase order.
- # units: The total number of items that have been added to the purchase order.
- Total: The total value of the purchase order based on the items being ordered and their submitted wholesale prices.
- Dropshipped: This indicates whether or not this purchase order has been dropshipped. Dropshipped purchase orders are created through an order's Purchase Orders panel.