SKULabs users can import and update stock quantities in bulk with the Items stock import function. To do this, users create and upload CSV templates in the Import/Export page.
This function can be used to do the following:
- Importing stock quantities for new items
- Updating and replacing existing items stock quantities
Importing stock for new items
If you have a range of new items already placed into your warehouses, and want to upload their stock quantities in bulk, you can do so in a few easy steps.
1. Start by downloading and adding the item stock data using our template below...
or learn how to create and edit an items stock import CSV.
2. Once you've got your CSV template created and edited as needed, head back over to the Import/Export page and click on the Items stock button under the Imports column.
3. From here, upload your edited CSV file and you're done!
Tip: It's always a good idea to double check that any adjustments you've made are accurate after completing the import process. You can do this from the Inventory page.
Updating existing items stock
If you already have item stock quantity data in SKULabs and want a way to update or replace that data, the safest and simplest method can be done in 3 steps:
- Exporting your current data to a CSV file using the Item Stock Export function.
- Editing a copy of this newly exported CSV file as needed
- Re-Importing the edited CSV file back it into SKULabs.
1. Exporting your current data using the item stock export function
Best practice says to always start by creating a back up. This serves two purposes:
- The Items Stock Export CSV is compatible for use as the Items Stock Import CSV, making the editing process much faster than working from scratch.
- Having a backup of your stock data saves you time and stress when restoring data if any mistakes happen along the way.
Learn more: How to create an item stock export CSV.
2. Editing the newly exported CSV file
Once you've got your CSV template to work with (making sure to create a copy for safe-keeping), replace the desired the values under the On Hand column and save it.
3. Importing your updated item stock CSV
Head back over to the Import/Export page and click on the Items stock button under the Imports column.
From here, upload your edited CSV file with the Upload CSV file button.
Tip: Double check that any adjustments you've made are accurate after completing the import process. You can do this from the Inventory page.
Okay, you're done! If you have any further questions about importing item stock in bulk, feel free to start an in-app chat with us!