SKULabs offers methods of representing the physical locations for your inventory items. Using the correct method for your needs will help your pickers quickly locate items from your warehouses for shipping and fulfillment. This guide will help you populate your warehouses and locations with items.
Assigning Items to New Locations
Using the Item Details Page
1. Click on an item's name from the Items tab on your Inventory Page.
2. Under the Stock panel on the item's details page, click Add stock.
3. In the popup form that appears, specify:
- Which warehouse you wish to assign the item
- A custom Picking Location (Warehouse-Based) or Location (Location-Based)
- How many items are currently available in your stock
- An Alert value
Tip: For ideas on how to organize your Picking Locations, see our article on how to optimize picking locations.
Editing items locations
If an item has a Warehouse and picking location assigned already, you can also edit the values for each by using the edit icon next to the desired location:
Assigning Items to Locations in bulk
Changing or assigning the locations of your items can also be done in bulk. For more information regarding assigning picking locations to items, see this guide on how to import and update items stock in bulk using CSV .