The Items Stock Import CSV is a file used to import and overwrite stock quantities in bulk using the Items Stock Import function found on the Import/Export page.
Creating/Editing an Item Stock Import CSV
CSV files can be created in any spreadsheet editing program such as Excel or Google Sheets. If you want to edit current stock information, you can also export your current SKULabs item stock information to a CSV file.
If you are working with stock information exported from a sales channel or store outside of SKULabs to create an Item Stock Import CSV, make sure your column headers and cell values are accurate according to the following fields:
Required Fields: Required to run imports.
1. SKU - The stock keeping unit used to refer to the parent item.
2. Warehouse - The name of the warehouse the location resides in.
3. On Hand - The number of units in stock for this specific item.
- This field header is optional if you are only changing Alert values in SKULabs.
4. Alert - The number at which a Low Stock Alert should be shown.
- This field header is optional if you are only changing On Hand values in SKULabs. If left blank, will default to either 10 or your account's Default Alert Level.
Optional Fields: Not required to run an import.
1. Location - A name for the specific location in the warehouse.
- The Location field is not required when importing to Warehouse-based inventory management accounts, but can instead be used as a way to make bulk changes to your items Location Aliases.
2. Reason - Reason for the adjustment in stock that will show in logs. You can leave entirely blank if you want.
3. Remove - Enter "REMOVE" to remove an item from the given location.
Your template should look similar to this depending on the information you wish to import:
- That you have correctly entered the information. Cell values are case-sensitive and will not import properly if they do not match exactly.
- You have saved the edited file as a CSV format file.
Once you have your file created and edited, it's time to move on to importing item stock in bulk.