Before you begin!
Before starting on any catalog setup, it is important to reach out to our team to schedule an account review and onboarding configuration call to approve your account for catalog configuration. Send us a chat, email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 1-800-243-2986 to get started with the next steps.
During initial catalog setup, you may be required to reimport your catalog in its entirety from your sales channel. This will remove any/all premature progress made toward kits or suppliers items without approval.
Before working with kits, make sure your listings are correctly configured and linked to the correct inventory items as noted here.
If you have listings that represent more than one physical product, such as a bundle or a multi-pack, it can and should be manually converted into a kit.
Kits have unique properties:
- They do not have their own inventory counts, but instead contain groups of other component items. A kit's on-hand count is calculated based on the current available inventory of its component items.
- Kits can be built with multiple items and/or multiple units of an item.
- Kits have their own unique barcodes that can be used to scan/verify/receive/deduct all components that make it up.
Recreating Items As Kits
When listings are imported into SKULabs, they are initially created as individual items first and must be recreated into kits.
- Removes the original from the Items table and rebuilds it as a kit in the Kits table.
- Reconfigure any listings linked to the original item and re-link those listings to the newly made kit.
1. From the inventory > items tab, search and filter the table to select the items you wish to recreate as kits.
Tip: If you use a common method of naming kit listings or their SKUs, you can use that to search for them more easily.
Select the items to recreate using the check box column.
2. Actions > Recreate items as kits
Other methods of creating kits
You can create your kits using one of the methods below:
- On a listing's details page, by selecting Create new kit. This can only be done if a listing is not already linked to an item.
- In the Catalog setup wizard if any of your Kit listings are unlinked.
- In bulk via a CSV spreadsheet, by using the Kits Import function on the Imports/Exports page.
- Through our API with a POST request to /kit/create.
Adding Component Items to Kits
Once a kit is created, you must then configure it with the right component items:
Adding component items from the Kits Tab
1. On the kits tab, click on a kit's # Items "0".
2. Use the Create new item or Add existing item buttons to fill the kit with the component items and quantities of those items the kit represents. Click save to apply.
Adding component items from the Kit details page
1. On the Kits tab, click on the kit's name to view its additional details.
2. On the details page that appears, click Add item to kit under the "Component Items" section.
3. In the window that appears, use the + icons to add component items.
4. After adding component items, you can always adjust the individual item quantities that make up that kit by using the edit icon in the "Component Items" section. You can also remove the component items from a kit in this section.
When a listing linked to this kit appears on an order, you will be prompted to pick and ship each of the component items. Additionally, the inventory stock for each individual item that makes up the kit will also be deducted appropriately.