Before you begin!
Before starting any catalog setup, reach out to our team to schedule an account review and onboarding configuration call. Send us a chat, email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 1-800-243-2986 to confirm your account is approved for catalog configuration.
During initial catalog setup, you may be required to fully reimport listings from your sales channel. This will remove any/all progress made toward catalog setup without approval.
The SKULabs Catalog
Your SKULabs catalog consists of Listings, Items, Kits, and the Links between them. Once catalog setup is completed, your items and kits will be linked to the Listings they represent on your sales channels.
Listings: Individual offers of your products for sale across your various sales channels. These are imported into SKULabs during listing sync and can be used to automatically build Items.
Items: These are what you track inventory or put into orders. Items carry stock quantity, location, pricing, and historical order information and are the primary focus when managing inventory within SKULabs. Items are used to configure Kits.
Kits: Kits are one or more items in single or multiple units. e.g. 5-pack of SKU X, 10lbs of an item, or three different items in varying quantities that are fulfilled by one single line on an order. Kits can't be included inside kits, yet.
Listing Links: The relationship between a listing from your sales channel and the item or kit in SKULabs that represents its stock. A single SKULabs stock item or kit can be linked to as many listings for that product as you have across your sales channels.
The Catalog Creation Process
Configuring your SKULabs catalog is done in a few easy steps:
- Import or create any component items you don't sell individually or list on your stores.
- Run listings sync on your primary sales channel to import items, alternatively import a CSV of your items if you want more control. We'll automatically match any SKUs together.
- Import items from your secondary sales channels using listings sync, we'll automatically match any SKUs together.
- Merge duplicates or alternate SKUs and correct any broken links. As of this step, still treat your kits as regular item SKUs.
- Search for "Bundle", "Kit", or "Pack" and convert any items that you know are kits or bundles using the actions menu on the item list.
- Go to the kits tab and click the link under "# of items" to setup your kits. Alternatively you can import your kits by CSV as well.
Before syncing any listings:
1. Connect all the stores or marketplace accounts from your current sales channels.
2. Configure the listing import settings for your primary and secondary stores.
Building items automatically using Listings Sync
Once all your sales channels have been added, and you have configured your stores listing import settings, run an initial Listings Sync on your primary store. Listings Sync imports listings information from your sales channels into SKULabs and creates catalog items to link those listings to.
Manually linking listings to items
By default, SKULabs automatically attempts to link any unlinked listings to items within SKULabs when their SKUs match. If your listings SKUs are unique and consistent for products across your sales channels, this process can be completed automatically.
In cases where product SKUs/barcodes are not unique or consistent on your sales channels, you can manually link your listings to the correct item or kit that represents them:
If any imported listings cannot be linked automatically, you can also manually configure them as needed using the catalog setup wizard.
Recreating Items As Kits
Before working with kits, make sure your listings are correctly configured, merged, and/or otherwise linked to the correct inventory items as noted above.
If you do not first verify all listings have accurate SKUs and are linked correctly, SKULabs cannot ensure that any premature progress made toward creating kits will be preserved if the catalog must be reimported and reconfigured.