Before you begin!
Before starting on any catalog setup, it is important to reach out to our team to schedule an account review and onboarding configuration call to approve your account for catalog configuration. Send us a chat, email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 1-800-243-2986 to get started with the next steps.
During initial catalog setup, you may be required to reimport your catalog in its entirety from your sales channel. This will remove any/all premature progress made toward kits or suppliers items without approval.
The SKULabs Catalog
The SKULabs catalog is composed of Listings, Items, Kits, and the Links established between them. Once catalog setup is completed, you will have a central database of SKULabs items and kits which are linked to the Listings they represent on your connected sales channels.
- Listings: Individual offers of your products for sale across your various sales channels. These are imported into SKULabs during listing sync and can be used to automatically build Items.
- Items: Internal items within your SKULabs catalog that represent your inventory's various unique products. Items carry stock quantity, location, pricing, and historical order information and are the primary focus when managing inventory within SKULabs. Items are used to configure Kits.
- Kits: Inventory entities that are used to represent groups of individual items. Kits can be used to sell varying weights, lengths, lot sizes, or combinations of products. You can manually create Kits or convert items into Kits. After creating a Kit, they can then be filled with the component items they represent.
- Links (Listing Links): The relationship between a listing from your sales channel and the item or kit in SKULabs that represents and controls it. A single SKULabs item or kit can (and often will) be linked to multiple listings for that product across your sales channels.
To ensure your listings are correctly linked to items/kits within SKULabs we highly recommend that have a meaningful, consistent, and unique system of SKUs for all your products across your sales channels. When done right, SKULabs will be able to import those listings and automatically link them to the items/kits that represent them automatically.
The Catalog Creation Process
Creating your initial SKULabs catalog can be done in a few easy steps:
- Building items and linking listings from your primary store.
- Linking listings from secondary stores to those newly built items.
- Merging duplicates, linking, and recreating items as kits.
Before syncing any listings, make sure you do the following:
1. Connect all the stores or marketplace accounts from your current sales channels.
2. Configure the listing import settings for your primary and secondary stores.
Building items automatically using Listings Sync
Once all your sales channels have been added, and you have configured your stores listing import settings, you can run an initial Listings Sync on your primary store.
Listings Sync pulls information about products on your sales channels into SKULabs to create catalog items and link listings to them.
Listing Syncs are run manually from the Sync Status panel on your Dashboard.
- Under the Listings column on the right, click the refresh icon for your primary sales channel. Give this process a few minutes to complete.
- After the initial listing sync for your primary sales channel is 100% completed, start the listings sync for the rest of your sales channels.
Once all your stores listings have been synced, you can continue with configuring any items which were not linked automatically as well as recreating any items into Kits (or Bundles) as needed.
Tip: Listing sync only edits an items information once; during its initial creation. After an item has been created, whether manually or by syncing listings, its stock and item information is strictly outbound from SKULabs. This helps prevent discrepancies and errors for your shoppers. Learn more here.
Manually linking listings to items
By default, SKULabs automatically attempts to link any newly synced listings to existing items within SKULabs. This is where having a consistent and accurate SKU catalog across your sales channels really pays off, as this process can then be completed automatically.
If SKULabs determines that any synced listings require attention, you can manually adjust them as needed using the catalog setup wizard.
You can also manually link and unlink listings to/from items.
Recreating Items As Kits
Before working with kits, make sure your listings are correctly configured and linked to the correct inventory items as noted above. If you don't first verify all listings have accurate SKUs and are linked correctly, SKULabs cannot ensure that any premature progress made toward creating kits will be preserved if the catalog must be reimported and reconfigured.