This solution applies to the following problems:
- Orders can be fulfilled by picking random, extra, or mystery items.
- Products that can be picked to fulfill these orders are overselling or have inaccurate stock.
- Store any products that can equally satisfy an order in a separate physical bin or location.
- Track the total quantity of products in this location using a miscellaneous SKULabs item.
- Fulfill orders for mystery items using the miscellaneous item stock quantity.
Steps to implement:
- From the Inventory page, create a new SKULabs item. You can think of this as a misc. item.
- Link any listings for mystery items to this new misc. item.
- Use the deduct tab to deduct stock from the various products that could be picked to fulfill orders for mystery items.
- Use the receive tab to receive an equal quantity of stock into the new misc. item's inventory.
- Pick orders for mystery items using the stock from the new misc. item location.
How to restock miscellaneous item inventory:
- Use the deduct tab to deduct stock from the products which are used to replenish the misc. items stock quantities.
- Use the receive tab to receive an equal quantity of stock into the misc. item's inventory.