Transfer orders allow you to relocate inventory between warehouses and locations in an organized fashion. The Inventory > Transfer Orders tab allows you to create and manage transfer orders for different locations.
There are a few actions that can be performed on this tab, including:
- New transfer order: Create a new transfer order between two warehouses. In the modal that appears, select the source, the destination, then add the items and quantities you wish to transfer.
- Filters: You can filter what is shown in the transfer orders table by source, destination, or status.
- Search: This allows you to search for transfer orders by their number, location, status, and more.
Transfer Orders Table
Your transfer orders are laid out in a table. This table can be sorted by any of its columns, and all of its contents can be found in the search function on the page. The columns shown include:
- Transfer Order #: The number assigned or generated when a transfer order was created. To manage a particular transfer order, click on its transfer order number to open the Transfer Order page.
- Source: The warehouse and location that items are being transferred from. Once the transfer order is closed, inventory counts will be reduced in this location and added to the destination.
- Destination: The warehouse and location that items are being transferred to. Once the transfer order is closed, inventory counts will be reduced from the source and added to this location.
- Created: The date and time that the transfer order was created.
- Creator: The user account that created the transfer order.
- Status: This indicates whether or not the transfer order is pending or closed.