The Cycle Counts tab allows you to perform and manage cycle counts for different locations. Cycle counts are small batches of inventory counting tasks for a single location within a warehouse.
Create cycle counts from your inventory items after searching, sorting, and filtering to the items or locations you wish to cycle count by using the "Actions" menu.
Why cycle counting?
A cycle count is a counting task that has been broken down to smaller, more digestible fractions of your total inventory. By counting one portion of your warehouse per counting session, you're able to "cycle" through your warehouse more often and with less down time (if any at all).
There are a number of benefits to switching to a cycle counting workflow. Counting more often reduces the chance of discrepancies, and gives you more time to investigate the ones that do come up.
To learn more, check out our blog article on effective cycle counting: www.skulabs.com/blog/warehouse-management/how-to-cycle-counting/
Create cycle counts from your inventory items after searching, sorting, and filtering to the items you wish to cycle count by using the "Actions" menu.
Cycle Counts Table
Your cycle counts are laid out in a table. This table can be sorted by any of its columns, and all of its contents can be found in the search function on the page. The columns shown include:
- Filters: You can filter what is shown in the cycle counts table by warehouse or status.
- Search: This allows you to search for cycle counts by their number, warehouse, location, and more.
- #: The number generated when a cycle count was created. To manage a particular cycle count, click on its number to open the Cycle Count page.
- Created: The date and time that the cycle count was created.
- Warehouse: The assigned warehouse for each cycle count.
- Location: The assigned location for each cycle count.
- Status: This indicates whether or not the cycle count has been counted yet.