The SKULabs Print and Scale client allows us to send a link to a PDF / ZPL file directly to your computer. The client then uses your system default printer settings to print that file directly on your computer from any device using SKULabs.
For most users, you can install and start printing out of the box. Occasionally, your printer may require additional configuration on-site to get up and running. This process can take some time, and may require some back and forth with our team but once configured it is rare to have to revisit these settings.
- For Windows, do you remember if the SKULabs Print & Scale client was installed as a service? If it was installed as a service and you're not comfortable using the windows registry to change your printer settings (this is for advanced IT staff only), you should uninstall then re-install as a standalone.
- For Windows, you need to configure your default printer settings. The SKULabs Print and Scale Client uses your system default printer settings for each printer. By default, windows may not properly select the correct paper type for most label printers even if you install their drivers. Additional windows Zebra and Dymo configuration options are available that control page margin and print quality.
- For Mac, you need to configure your Zebra or Dymo printer settings. Similar options should be available for other printer types. We use these "system" settings when printing using your printer.
- If you're still having trouble, there are steps to debug your CUPS print driver here.
- Ensure dithering is disabled in your printer settings. This can make barcodes appear pixelated. Ensure you've set the correct DPI for your label printer. By default, it's 203 DPI for Label Printers.
- Check the PrintNode FAQ for more hints and tips
- Check the PrintNode Troubleshooting area
- Review our supported printers, printers outside of this list may still be supported and you can always print locally using your web browser's print dialog.