The SKULabs Print & Scale client is used to connect your printers and scales to SKULabs seamlessly from any device.
After you install the SKULabs Print & Scale client, as a one-time step you must sign in with the access key from your printing settings page.
Print & Scale Client Requirements
Windows 10 or Mac OS X (Mac instructions below)
Printers and scales connected to the computer
Install SKULabs Print & Scale Client for Windows
1. Download the client installer...
2. Open the installer and follow the prompts.
3. When offered to install the client as a Windows service, do not toggle the checkbox. Running as a service is unsupported and requires advanced system administration to configure paper type.
4. Once installed, the print client will be accessible via your Windows task bar. Click to open the settings window.
5. NEW: Log in using the username and password you see under Settings -> Printers DO NOT use your SKULabs password.
6. In the Printers tab, check that the printers you wish to use are visible and marked as active. These printers will now be accessible in SKULabs!
Install SKULabs Print & Scale Client for Mac
1. Download the client installer
2. Open the installer and drag the application to your Applications folder. Once you have done this, navigate to your applications folder and open SKULabs Print Client to start using the Client. Do not try to open it from within the installer.
3. Once installed and running, the print client will be accessible via your Mac menubar. Click to open the settings window.
4. NEW: Log in using the username and password you see under Settings -> Printers DO NOT use your SKULabs password.
5. In the Printers tab, check that the printers you wish to use are visible and marked as active. Additionally, ensure you've typed in the correct page dimensions.
6. Test printing a label from a test order in SKULabs, try enabling manual pickup labels.
Once installed, you can begin printing labels. If you haven't already, take the time to set up your shipping defaults as well as your advanced shipping settings now:
Paper setup and print size / zoom / rotation / dpi
The SKULabs Print & Scale client prints directly with your Windows or Mac printer settings, along with any settings dictated by the printer's driver software. To edit these settings, navigate to the printer's device settings in your operating system's preferences area:
In some cases, tweaks to the defined document dimensions, print density (DPI/PPI), or orientation may be necessary to ensure consistent printing.